MERCH!

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Salvaged from the remnants of the Braithewaite Codex


It's literally true. You get what you truly need. I asked for a means to get her back and it came to me in the form of an old spell I found in an Italian Book of Shadows. Fanciful. I wasn't sure it would work but it did the exact thing I wanted from it.

The spell was very simple. It required only peeling a lemon and consuming it while thinking of its intended target, then to place the peelings into a pair of your own shoes. Put them in a shoebox and then hide them within the house of your target. Since she's deathly afraid of spiders, I hid it in her crawlspace.

Not long after I cast the spell, she met William, and I heard from other members of the coven that they had become an item very fast. For six months, she was deliriously happy. They both seemed to be. I stopped going to the esbats because it was hard to watch them being sappy and seemingly rubbing my face in it. I became a solitary practitioner and perhaps that was just as well.

For a while there, I began to doubt that my work would hold. Maybe the spell I had used hadn't worked? I began to lose faith in my power. Goddess knows I had lost faith in nearly everything else.
And then she caught William in bed with two of her coven-mates. Much the same way I had caught her fucking my best friend.

She has new lines on her face now and a sharpness in her voice that wasn't there before. There is a wounded look in her eyes as if she were a dog that had been beaten without cause. Or at least no cause she can fathom.

It's almost enough to make me wish I hadn't done it. 
Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment