MERCH!

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Demonic Dialogues (1)


(Partial transcript begins)

"Let's begin at the beginning. Can we have, for the record your full name?"
 "Is that necessary?" 
"I'd assumed that you'd want to have people summon you, like most demons."
"Well...I have a different attitude toward that sort of thing. But if you insist... My name is Narath Szoy Malos. I am sometimes called the Demon Prince of Awful Truths."
"Why is that?" 
"I'll certainly answer, but will you allow me to come to back to that one?" 
"I guess. Are you comfortable?"
 "...Oh...Oh you mean the bindings..." 
"Yes." "I'm not actually constrained." 
"WHAT?"
"No. (Subject smiles) But you needn't fear. I'm not that sort of demon. You...(Points) You transposed two characters of the Hebrew in the binding circle. See right there. You really need to be more careful in that regard. A rookie mistake. Might get your face eaten."
"Ah...I see." 
"Just trying to help." 
"I...ah...I appreciate it." 
"No problem."
(Subject produces an Emory board and starts working on his nails.) 
"You're certainly not like any demon I've summoned previously." 
"Well, I didn't start out as a demon specifically. In a previous life, I was a Djinn. A prince of the Air. But, spirits of power are like anyone. You go where the work is. I wasn't involved in the original war in Heaven, but Hell is a bit of push-broom for old gods and creatures like me. We fetch up there because we aren't welcomed within the narrow view of Judeo-Christian cosmology. Sooner or later, you end up working where you find power."
"Interesting."
"Well, I think so. In any case, I assume you've summoned me because you have questions?"
"Well, how can I be assured that the answers to my questions will be answered truthfully?"
(Subject smiles.)"Oh come now; let's not be coy. You used the summoning in the Grimoire of Pope Honorius...I recognized the call."
"Yes."
"Well, it's fairly clear in that book that I am one of only seven demons that CANNOT tell a lie."
"You don't know what translation I was working from."
(Subject shrugs.) "Fair enough. I am the Demon Prince of Awful Truths. Most Demons flee from my approach actually."
"Why is that?"
"Well, the objective truth of reality is like most natural things. It favors neither good nor evil. Most Demons lie. It's simpler to them. Easier. It helps them get their work done. But, the Adversary decided that the Truth should not be something that Heaven should dominate completely. Some demons, myself included, were given dominion over Truth. The only difficulty is, that to be given dominion over the Truth, one must tell it."
"The whole truth?"
"Well... I am allowed to not tell the WHOLE truth. And, I am allowed not to answer something if it would harm me. But, I am prevented from telling any sort of outright lie."
"Why does the Adversary want dominion over truth? Doesn't the truth set you free?"
(Subject laughs) "Yes...You mustn't mistake that for a virtue." 
"I don't know what you mean."
"Oh dear...You really are asking for it. Magi are so YOUNG these days. Would you like me to show you?"
"I guess so."
(Subject looks off to the left, his eyes seeming to unfocus. and then he returns from whatever reverie he was in.)
"Are you sure you want to know?" 
"No, but go ahead and tell me."
"I'll give you points for bravery...Alright... 
She doesn't love you. She's never going to love you. There truthfully isn't anything you can do or say that will earn her love for you. It's best you know now so you can get on with your life. 


It's a hard thing to know about one's own mother. But there it is."
"You sonofa..." 
(Tape ends)

No comments:

Post a Comment